FirstVet is an online veterinary platform that allows pet owners to get advice and help from licensed veterinarians via video call. The platform was founded in Sweden in 2016 and is now available in several other countries, including the UK and Germany. By using FirstVet, pet owners can get advice on everything from diseases and injuries to general health, behavioural problems and diet. The platform is available 24/7 and aims to make it easier for pet owners to take care of their pets in a comfortable and safe way.
Sparkhouse helped to develop the platform and one of the consultants played an important role in optimising the performance and user experience of the website. Below are some examples of tasks performed during the assignment:
Sparkhouse has helped develop the platform and one of the consultants has played an important role in optimising the performance and user experience of the website. Below are some examples of tasks performed during the assignment
Performance optimisations to improve charging times:
- Analyse website performance and identify bottlenecks that affect loading times.
- Optimising images by reducing their size and quality levels, using web-friendly image formats and implementing CDN (Content Delivery Network) to speed up image delivery to visitors.
- Improve page structure and minify code to improve loading times.
- Conduct an SEO analysis and identify areas of improvement for the website, such as metadata, keyword analysis, internal link structure and content analysis.
- Implement technical SEO solutions such as schema markup and rich snippets to improve visibility in search engines.
- Optimising loading times and page structure can also contribute to better search engine optimisation.
Implement editing features for new page sections needed for redesigned landing pages:
- Develop a CMS solution that allows easy editing of pages and sections by non-technical users.
- Implement a WYSIWYG editor and drag-and-drop functionality to make the editing process intuitive and user-friendly.
Create enhanced CMS templates
- Create beautiful and easy-to-read partner landing pages and other marketing materials by developing CMS templates that are easy to use for non-technical users.
- Customise the templates according to customer needs and brand guidelines.
Improved overall website structure
- Optimising the structure and navigation of the website to improve the user experience.
- Implement a clear navigation structure and improve search functionality to make it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for.
Improved documentation and local development environment
- Document the code and development process to facilitate collaboration between team members and maintenance of the code.
- Create a local development environment that is easy to install and use for developers working on the site.
Improved scalability and redundancy
- Optimise the scalability of the website by implementing cloud services or other technical solutions that make it possible to